More than 60 people attended the First Faculty Reunion, hosted by the UConn Foundation, on Sept. 12. The event brought together many of the physicians and dentists who were there when the doors of the School of Medicine and School of Dental Medicine opened in 1968. The first faculty helped lay the groundwork for many of the programs the Health Center still has today.
The reunion coincided with year-long celebrations at the Health Center around the 50th anniversary of its founding and the 40th anniversary of the first graduating classes.
The UConn Foundation has launched a new initiative with first faculty to commemorate their dedication in building the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine. For more information, contact the UConn Foundation’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations at 860-679-1122.