Author Archive: Art Sorrentino, UConn Foundation
- January 17, 2013 UConn’s Sandy Hook Memorial Scholarship Surpasses $860,000 in Donations President Susan Herbst says the response has been heartwarming, as people respond to the Newtown tragedy.
- December 27, 2012 UConn’s Sandy Hook Memorial Scholarship Surpasses $660,000 in Donations President Susan Herbst says the response has been heartwarming, as people respond to the Newtown tragedy.
- December 24, 2012 UConn Memorial Scholarship to Honor Victims of the Newtown School Shootings: Over $475,000 in Pledges to Date Ways to support the Memorial Scholarship are outlined for those desiring to help.
- December 21, 2012 UConn Establishes Memorial Scholarship to Honor Victims of the Newtown School Shootings The scholarship will help support college costs for many of those directly affected by the assault.
- October 9, 2012 GE Collaborates with UConn on $7.5 Million Advanced Technology Initiative A five-year investment supports circuit breaker research, an endowed professorship, and graduate fellowships.
- August 31, 2012 Webster Bank Makes Gift to Support Basketball Development Center Webster Bank, which recently announced a multi-year marketing relationship with UConn, has made a financial commitment to the new basketball center.
- November 10, 2011 Jim and Pat Calhoun Receive UConn Foundation Philanthropy Award The award honors the Calhouns’ humanitarian and philanthropic efforts on behalf of UConn.
- September 7, 2011 UConn Foundation Raises More Than $50 Million in 2011 Endowment growth is seen as essential for long-term success.
- September 29, 2009 UConn Announces $600 Million Capital Campaign The fundraising campaign just launched, the largest in the University’s history, will raise money for financial aid, faculty support, and programs at all of UConn’s campuses.