Arts & Culture
Behind the scenes with UConn alum Wally Lamb whose novel Wishin’ and Hopin’ is being made into a forthcoming feature-length film.
- September 12, 2014 Composer Remembers Events of 9/11 in New Recording A composer’s response to national tragedy leads to a musical collaboration based on a post-9/11 novel.
- September 2, 2014 Food Conservation Posters Mark WW I Centennial Eat less and feed the troops was the message of First World War-era posters now on display at the Benton Museum.
- August 29, 2014 UConn Partners with Mansfield on Arts, Recreation Programs UConn’s Community School of the Arts and the town’s Parks and Recreation Department are joining forces to provide programs to the community.
- August 28, 2014 Lego Model Aqueducts Bridge Ancient and Modern The science of water transport becomes an art in an exhibition of Roman aqueduct models at Babbidge Library by Professor Gary Robbins.
- August 18, 2014 UConn Joins Folger Institute Consortium Consortium membership expands opportunities for UConn humanities researchers at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C.
- August 8, 2014 Travel Website Names UConn Art Gallery to ‘Top 10’ Though compact in size, the Contempory Art Galleries enjoy an international reputation.
- Funky Dawgz’ Big Easy Path to Brass Band Music August 1, 2014
- A Dancer’s Journey to Acting on Stage July 29, 2014
- Tony-Winner Leslie Uggams Leads ‘Gypsy’ as Mama Rose July 9, 2014
- ‘Rocky’ Set Design Earns Tony Award for Alum July 3, 2014