Arts & Culture
UConn Partners with Mansfield on Arts, Recreation Programs
UConn’s Community School of the Arts and the town’s Parks and Recreation Department are joining forces to provide programs to the community.
- August 28, 2014 Lego Model Aqueducts Bridge Ancient and Modern The science of water transport becomes an art in an exhibition of Roman aqueduct models at Babbidge Library by Professor Gary Robbins.
- August 18, 2014 UConn Joins Folger Institute Consortium Consortium membership expands opportunities for UConn humanities researchers at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C.
- August 8, 2014 Travel Website Names UConn Art Gallery to ‘Top 10’ Though compact in size, the Contempory Art Galleries enjoy an international reputation.
- August 1, 2014 Funky Dawgz’ Big Easy Path to Brass Band Music The Funky Dawgz Brass Band creates a new Husky Brand of New Orleans brass band sounds.
- July 29, 2014 A Dancer’s Journey to Acting on Stage Recent MFA graduate Khetanya Henderson was a dancer, a model, and a Cirque de Soleil performer before coming to UConn for graduate studies.
- July 9, 2014 Tony-Winner Leslie Uggams Leads ‘Gypsy’ as Mama Rose The star of CRT’s production of ‘Gypsy’ talks about her pioneering life and career in show business.
- ‘Rocky’ Set Design Earns Tony Award for Alum July 3, 2014
- Creating Art with the iPad June 30, 2014
- Jerry Adler, Richard Kline Star in ‘The Sunshine Boys’ June 19, 2014
- Backstage Role Moves New Graduate to Shakespearian Stage June 17, 2014