Arts & Culture
Tony-Winner Leslie Uggams Leads ‘Gypsy’ as Mama Rose
The star of CRT’s production of ‘Gypsy’ talks about her pioneering life and career in show business.
- July 3, 2014 ‘Rocky’ Set Design Earns Tony Award for Alum Set designer Chris Barreca ’79 (SFA) wins a Tony Award for ‘Rocky’ on Broadway.
- June 30, 2014 Creating Art with the iPad Art professor Olu Oguibe is creating large scale art using an iPad.
- June 19, 2014 Jerry Adler, Richard Kline Star in ‘The Sunshine Boys’ Two actors known to millions from their work in television discuss their roles in CRT’s summer production.
- June 17, 2014 Backstage Role Moves New Graduate to Shakespearian Stage Recent alumna Bailey Rosenberg ’14 (SFA) has landed a job this summer as a member of the costume department at Shakespeare & Company.
- June 6, 2014 Bringing Early Music to New Audiences The head of UConn’s music department hopes to expand opportunities statewide to hear music written and performed before 1800.
- June 4, 2014 Summer Series Looks at Life Behind the Curtain Life backstage is the focus of the 2014 Nutmeg Summer Series of the Connecticut Repertory Theatre from June 5 through July 20.
- From Actor to Screenwriter May 30, 2014
- Exhibition Showcases 50 Years of Design at Hartford Stage May 27, 2014
- Jazzman MacDonald Debuts First Orchestral Composition May 1, 2014
- MFA Exhibit: A Sculptor Finds His Voice April 30, 2014