Nation & World
UConn’s Neag School Hosts Training Sessions to Prepare Educators for Crises
The Neag School is hosting three days of training aimed at helping educators prepare for and respond to various crises that can occur in schools.
- May 16, 2013 iPads 101 for Teachers UConn’s Neag School gave 400 K-12 educators a crash course in classroom uses for the high tech tool at a conference on campus this week.
- May 16, 2013 Couple Supports Global Studies Al ’75 and Lynda ’76 McMahon believe the experience of studying abroad benefits not just the students involved, but the locales to which they travel.
- May 14, 2013 10 Questions: Where the Wild Things Are Natural resources professor Morty Ortega brings groups of UConn students to the South African bush to learn about African field ecology.
- May 1, 2013 Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference Draws Sold-Out Crowd, Dynamic Speakers The two-day inaugural conference focused on ‘Leadership Excellence in an Ever-Changing Environment.’
- April 29, 2013 Transportation Safety Research Center Established at UConn A new transportation safety research center at UConn aims to improve roadway safety through research, technology, and community outreach.
- April 22, 2013 Covering Newtown Panelists, including one of the first journalists on the scene and the police spokesperson, discussed their experience of covering the Sandy Hook tragedy as it unfolded.
- Students Collecting Messages of Gratitude for Boston’s First Responders April 19, 2013
- Leadership Legacy Students Work on ‘Real World’ Political Asylum Case April 17, 2013
- Innovation Takes Center Stage at Recognition Event April 16, 2013
- UConn Study of Food Insecurity in Connecticut is New Tool to Combat Hunger April 10, 2013