News & Life
Old School Friends Bring New School Flair to Plans for Asian Restaurant
Three recent UConn graduates plan to open a Japanese restaurant in Storrs Center that is intended to parallel edgy restaurants in major cities.
- May 23, 2013 Travelers EDGE Helps First Generation UConn Students Get a Degree and a Career A Travelers program for first-generation students at UConn helps them prepare for careers in the insurance and financial services industry.
- May 20, 2013 Human-like Opponents Lead to More Aggression in Video Game Players, UConn Study Finds Researchers measured gamers’ levels of verbal, cognitive, and physical aggression when battling both human-like and non-human opponents.
- May 17, 2013 Class of 2013: Justin and Kristen Bandura, Future Lawyers Siblings Justin ’13 JD and Kristen ’13 JD took different paths to law school but will each receive a law degree on the same day.
- May 16, 2013 Class of 2013: Andraya Pulaski, Future Attorney When she graduates with her law degree May 19, Andraya Pulaski ’13 JD will fulfill a dream she has had since she was 10.
- May 15, 2013 Mitchell Green, Philosopher of Language, Mind, Joins UConn Faculty Philosophy professor Mitch Green, who joins UConn from the University of Virginia, encourages students to look for a good question to answer.
- May 13, 2013 Two Faculty Named 2013 Board of Trustees Distinguished Professors Political science professor Mark Boyer and kinesiologist Linda Pescatello have been honored by the Trustees for scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Commencement Weekend 2013: The Numbers – and the Students – are Impressive May 12, 2013
- A UConn Medical Student First May 10, 2013
- Volunteer Firefighters Learn Professional Skills While Helping Out in the Community May 10, 2013
- ‘Ignite’ Giving Competition Raises $65,000 for Student Programs May 9, 2013