News & Life
Portraits of Strength: Alfredo Fuentes ’08 MPS
Veteran firefighter Alfredo Fuentes was among the first responders on 9/11. Forced by his injuries to give up his job, he came to UConn to study homeland security.
- July 24, 2014 UConn Reads Nominations Wide-ranging This Year Books nominated so far range from the Bible to ‘Walden’ and ‘The Omnivore’s Dilemma.’
- July 23, 2014 #MyTopCollege – A Chance to Show Your UConn Pride UConn students and alumni can show their school pride by taking part in a social media campaign that is part of Forbes Magazine’s annual college ranking.
- July 18, 2014 Portraits of Strength: Dominique (Soucy) Matteson ’03 (CLAS) UConn alum Dominique Matteson was diagnosed with leukemia in her early 20s. At her lowest point, 50 percent of her cells were showing cancer.
- July 17, 2014 Former Scholarship Recipient Pays it Forward An alum who benefited from a scholarship after his father died hopes to help reduce uncertainty in the lives of current students.
- July 16, 2014 Emeritus Professor of Engineering Marty Fox Dies Fox taught for 37 years in the Departments of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering.
- July 16, 2014 How to Make Gluten-free Java Lava Cake UConn chef Robert Landolphi, who specializes in gluten-free recipes, gives a demonstration.
- UConn Health Accolades – July ’14 July 15, 2014
- Physiology and Neurobiology Professor William Chapple Dies July 14, 2014
- UConn Ranked #1 for Gluten-free Dining Options July 14, 2014
- Leonid Azaroff, Materials Science Institute Founding Director, Dies July 11, 2014