Science & Health
Possible Breakthrough in Battle Against Drug-Resistant Diseases
Two UConn researchers have developed new compounds that appear to be effective against E. coli, MRSA, and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- July 21, 2014 Studying Wetlands as a Producer of Greenhouse Gases Student researcher Emily McInerney ’15 (CAHNR) is studying the emission of methane from wetlands.
- July 16, 2014 UConn Incubator Company Receives $5.5 Million for Research Amastan LLC is developing high-end plasma technologies for the production and processing of nanomaterials.
- July 15, 2014 The Pros and Cons of Going Gluten-Free UConn Health gastroenterologist Dr. Haleh Vaziri discusses the benefits and potential downsides of a gluten-free diet.
- July 8, 2014 Dee Rowe Benefits from Personalized Cancer Treatment at UConn Health Former head coach of men’s basketball Dee Rowe made an excellent recovery from melanoma after receiving a vaccine developed at UConn Health.
- July 7, 2014 The Quest for Pesticide-Free Playing Fields UConn researchers are exploring alternative techniques for maintaining turf, in light of restrictions on the use of pesticides.
- July 3, 2014 High Marks for Cardiac Care at UConn Health The Calhoun Cardiology Center at UConn Health has won national recognition for its heart attack and heart failure programs.