Science & Health
Health Scholars Contribute $250,000 in Volunteer Hours to Medically Underserved
Urban Service Track volunteers have contributed nearly 9,000 hours of health care service to the state’s urban poor.
- November 19, 2013 UTC $10 Million Investment Helps Launch Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering The contribution from United Technologies is the largest corporate gift to the school in a decade.
- November 18, 2013 UConn Chemist Discovers New Way to Stabilize Proteins Challa Kumar’s research could aid in the development of stable vaccines and inexpensive artificial blood.
- November 7, 2013 Researchers Gather for Stem Cell Retreat Scientists from UConn, Yale, Wesleyan, and the private sector present their latest research findings.
- November 5, 2013 Fostering Partnerships with Industry An Engineering-Industry Open House last week highlighted commercially promising research underway at UConn.
- October 29, 2013 The Effect of Socioeconomic Status on How the Brain Processes Sound A UConn researcher has found that children of parents with low levels of education hear differently than their peers.
- October 29, 2013 Not Quite Frankenstein A new research program will study the origins of biological behavior using nonliving things.
- Bioscience Connecticut’s Role in Economic Recovery October 25, 2013
- Taking 'Adventure Botany' on the Road October 23, 2013
- Psycholinguistics Expert Gerry Altmann to Join UConn Faculty October 15, 2013
- Helping Adults with Reading Disabilities Improve Their Language Skills October 10, 2013