Science & Health
Ecology Professor Receives Royal Summons to Join Scientific Committee
Robin Chazdon was invited to the Royal Society in London to discuss tropical forest ecology and climate change as part of a group of international experts.
- May 21, 2013 UConn Researchers Develop Some of the World’s Smallest Metallic Nanorods The development could have a major technological impact in electronics, energy, and manufacturing.
- May 15, 2013 Hartford Students ‘Over the Moon’ After NASA Race Six high school students competed in NASA’s Great Moonbuggy Race, with the help of UConn graduate STEM fellows.
- May 2, 2013 Ph.D. Candidate Specializes in Underwater Acoustic Communications While at UConn, Zhaohui Wang ’13 Ph.D. has published 12 journal articles, 17 conference papers, worked on two NSF-funded proposals, and co-authored a textbook.
- April 26, 2013 Genomics Institute Launching $1 Million Grant Program to Encourage Research Collaborations The grant program is being facilitated by the UConn Health Center and letters of intent are due on May 15.
- April 25, 2013 How Robots Can Help Children with Autism Learn and Communicate A UConn-affiliated researcher is preparing to take his work on robots and autism out of the lab and into the marketplace.
- April 23, 2013 Airbus Donates Flap Assembly to UConn for Research and Training The aircraft manufacturer has donated an aircraft flap assembly worth more than $770,000 to the School of Engineering for use in labs and classes.
- New Geochemical Method Highlights Links Between Terrestrial Climate and Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide April 22, 2013
- Expanding Cancer Research at UConn April 18, 2013
- UConn Hosts High School Science Olympiad April 8, 2013
- Pratt & Whitney Additive Manufacturing Innovation Center Opens at UConn April 5, 2013