Science & Health
New Stem Cell Research Collaboration Focuses on Rare Diseases
The University has announced a new stem cell research collaboration in the field of rare disease with Connecticut firm Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- December 16, 2014 Big Data and the Science of the Christmas Tree A UConn bioinformatics researcher is helping develop tools that will enable more scientists to start finding meaning in massive amounts of data.
- December 16, 2014 Personalized Medicine Company to be Located at UConn Health A new company formed by two Jackson Laboratory researchers is joining UConn’s Technology Incubation Program at Farmington.
- December 16, 2014 Popular Cosmetic Fix May Threaten Bone Density A UConn oral radiologist says the off-label use of Botox to treat jaw pain appears to have a dangerous side effect.
- December 10, 2014 Tipping the Scales on Obesity UConn and Rudd Center researchers are conducting a variety of cutting-edge studies that address the nationwide problem of obesity.
- December 9, 2014 Breaking Down Barriers to Healthcare for the Incarcerated UConn is taking the lead in treatment of incarcerated patients with its Center for Correctional Health Networks.
- December 8, 2014 Bacteria’s Game of ‘Telephone’ Foils Microbiologists’ Eavesdropping UConn researchers use genomic analysis to hunt for clues to the behavior of a group of bacteria that can cause disease.
- Gaming Safer Sex December 5, 2014
- Adding Heft to Anti-Bullying Campaigns December 3, 2014
- Stuck in Survival Mode: Insights into Turning Down Your Stress Level December 1, 2014
- Social Media Engagement ‘Significantly Impacts’ Soda Choice November 20, 2014