Science & Health
Ultra-High-Speed Broadband Bolsters UConn Research
The new network will facilitate data-intensive scientific research between UConn Health and Storrs researchers and their peers around the globe.
- April 15, 2015 Engineering Ice Cream Two teams of engineering students are tapping their scientific knowledge to develop a reduced-sugar ice cream at UConn’s famous Dairy Bar.
- April 9, 2015 Diving for Data on Fish Populations A UConn marine scientist is working in the waters off Costa Rica to build more accurate models of how fish may adapt to environmental changes.
- April 8, 2015 Students’ Device Helps People Take Meds as Prescribed Two undergraduates have developed a device that ‘parrots’ prescription instructions to help people in developing countries take their medications.
- April 7, 2015 Friends’ Character Insights Contain Clues to Longevity Researchers have found a clear link between longevity and personality based on character assessments by friends.
- April 6, 2015 Promise of Personalized Medicine in Dentistry Embraces Team Approach The dean of the School of Dental Medicine discusses anticipated changes in dentistry as health care evolves toward a more personalized model.
- April 2, 2015 From There to Hear: Locating Sound Distance Researchers at UConn Health have identified the mechanisms by which rabbits and humans recognize the distance of sound from its origin to the listener.
- Autism Recovery – Questioning the Impossible April 2, 2015
- Plants Aren’t in Lockstep When Responding to Environmental Changes March 31, 2015
- Smartphone App Could Change How Depression is Diagnosed March 30, 2015
- Physicists Solve Low-Temperature Magnetic Mystery March 26, 2015