In Hot Topics posts, UConn experts comment on current events and issues unfolding in the news.
- April 17, 2015 Patchwork of Privacy Laws Surround Office Email Sachin Pandya of UConn Law discusses workplace privacy and the rights of employers and employees.
- March 10, 2015 The Fourth Winter of Fukushima Four years after the tsunami and nuclear explosion in Japan, history professor Alexis Dudden notes that more people have died from stress-related causes than from the initial disaster in Fukushima.
- February 26, 2015 FCC to Consider ‘Net Neutrality’ Will high speed internet service providers join the ranks of public utilities?
- February 18, 2015 Never Too Early to Consider End-of-life Wishes UConn Health’s Dr. Susan Levine explains the importance of discussing advance care planning with your family and physician.
- February 10, 2015 Measles and the Risks of Skipping Vaccines Infectious diseases specialists at UConn Health say failure to keep current on recommended immunizations defies decades of medical knowledge.
- January 23, 2015 A 21st-century Approach to Teaching Social Studies A UConn education professor who helped develop the state’s new social studies frameworks explains what’s different.
- January 22, 2015 Have Faith in the Flu Shot The chair of medicine at UConn Health explains why taking the vaccine, despite its limited effectiveness this year, is still better than going without it.
- January 21, 2015 Vitamin D as Colon Cancer Foe The director of UConn Health’s Colon Cancer Prevention Program explains medicine’s growing understanding of how higher vitamin D levels may slow colon cancer.
- January 12, 2015 Education Expert on Obama’s Free Tuition Proposal Erik Hines, a specialist in college and career readiness, discusses the President’s proposal to offer free community college tuition for two years to qualified high school students.
- December 9, 2014 ‘Tis the Season for Shopping Online UConn e-commerce expert Jane Gu discusses the impact of the Internet on retail sales this holiday season.
- November 24, 2014 The Falling Price of Oil In the lead-up to this week’s OPEC summit, UConn’s Oksan Bayulgen discusses the reasons for the recent plunge in oil prices.