UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
UConn’s Value to Connecticut: $3.4 Billion a Year
An independent firm reports that the University also supports more than 24,000 jobs, and provides $202 million in tax revenue.
- September 15, 2014 Genetic Screening and Breast Cancer Risk Two UConn Health genetic counselors discuss a recent call for much wider use of genetic screening for breast cancer.
- September 12, 2014 Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity Moves to UConn A new partnership with the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity was announced today in Hartford.
- September 12, 2014 The Public’s Perception of the Obesity Epidemic Does the American public understand the significance of the country’s weight issue? Data from the Roper Center tell the story.
- September 8, 2014 Malloy Tops Off UConn Health’s New Hospital Tower The 11-floor hospital tower is slated for occupancy in early 2016.
- September 5, 2014 Tiny Heart Valve Has Big Potential for UConn Startup A combination of biomedical engineering and sewing skills led to the development of a novel heart valve replacement that could save lives.
- September 2, 2014 Child Anxiety Expert Golda Ginsburg Joins UConn Health Ginsburg, a psychiatry professor, joins UConn from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Monitoring Work-related Illnesses in Connecticut September 1, 2014
- Hartford’s Burgdorf Clinic is Rooted in the Community August 27, 2014
- Future Physicians and Dentists Arrive at UConn Health August 20, 2014
- UConn Biologist on West Africa’s Ebola Outbreak August 13, 2014