UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Common Gene Mutation May Raise Risk of Heart Disease
A common mutation in a gene that regulates cholesterol levels may raise the risk of heart disease in carriers, a UConn Health study has found.
- May 14, 2015 Walking with Angelman, From the Cellular to the Human Researcher Stormy Chamberlain studies the genetic basis of brain disorders, but she never forgets the families who have a personal stake in her work.
- May 14, 2015 Relax. Your Aging Brain is Just Behaving Normally A UConn communication professor was part of a national research panel that found those occasional memory lapses are probably not cause for concern.
- May 12, 2015 When Extra X Chromosome Won’t Stay Silent, Rogue RNA May Be to Blame Researchers have discovered how the second X chromosome in females, normally silenced, sometimes reactivates in stem cells.
- May 5, 2015 Outstanding Women in Medicine, Science, Feted at UConn Health Five female faculty and students were honored for their accomplishments in research and service.
- May 1, 2015 Medicine in the Himalayas Before – and After – the Quake A UConn medical student who spent last summer providing health care in Nepal discusses how the challenges have been magnified since the disaster.
- April 29, 2015 Scrutinizing Adult Stem Cells at StemConn Adult stem cells may be the key to targeted regeneration of body tissues, according to researchers at the StemConn 2015 conference on Monday.
- Ultra-High-Speed Broadband Bolsters UConn Research April 16, 2015
- #StandWithUConn: Lawmakers Urged to Support University Budget April 15, 2015
- Promise of Personalized Medicine in Dentistry Embraces Team Approach April 6, 2015
- From There to Hear: Locating Sound Distance April 2, 2015