UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Families, Caregivers Join in Honoring Those Lost
The recent Service of Remembrance at UConn Health was an opportunity for families and caregivers to reconnect and find closure.
- May 26, 2015 An Egg a Day May Help Keep the Doctor Away A new study says eggs are as good if not better than oatmeal for diabetics, even though they contain cholesterol.
- May 21, 2015 Common Gene Mutation May Raise Risk of Heart Disease A common mutation in a gene that regulates cholesterol levels may raise the risk of heart disease in carriers, a UConn Health study has found.
- May 14, 2015 Walking with Angelman, From the Cellular to the Human Researcher Stormy Chamberlain studies the genetic basis of brain disorders, but she never forgets the families who have a personal stake in her work.
- May 14, 2015 Relax. Your Aging Brain is Just Behaving Normally A UConn communication professor was part of a national research panel that found those occasional memory lapses are probably not cause for concern.
- May 12, 2015 When Extra X Chromosome Won’t Stay Silent, Rogue RNA May Be to Blame Researchers have discovered how the second X chromosome in females, normally silenced, sometimes reactivates in stem cells.
- May 5, 2015 Outstanding Women in Medicine, Science, Feted at UConn Health Five female faculty and students were honored for their accomplishments in research and service.
- Medicine in the Himalayas Before – and After – the Quake May 1, 2015
- Scrutinizing Adult Stem Cells at StemConn April 29, 2015
- Ultra-High-Speed Broadband Bolsters UConn Research April 16, 2015
- #StandWithUConn: Lawmakers Urged to Support University Budget April 15, 2015