UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Ultra-High-Speed Broadband Bolsters UConn Research
The new network will facilitate data-intensive scientific research between UConn Health and Storrs researchers and their peers around the globe.
- April 15, 2015 #StandWithUConn: Lawmakers Urged to Support University Budget At an event at the State Capitol Tuesday, speakers made the case for UConn’s budget.
- April 6, 2015 Promise of Personalized Medicine in Dentistry Embraces Team Approach The dean of the School of Dental Medicine discusses anticipated changes in dentistry as health care evolves toward a more personalized model.
- April 2, 2015 From There to Hear: Locating Sound Distance Researchers at UConn Health have identified the mechanisms by which rabbits and humans recognize the distance of sound from its origin to the listener.
- April 2, 2015 Autism Recovery – Questioning the Impossible Research by UConn psychology professor Deborah Fein suggests that some children with autism can overcome the symptoms over time and with intense therapy.
- March 30, 2015 Smartphone App Could Change How Depression is Diagnosed The app, developed by UConn researchers, collects data on behavior signs that indicate depression.
- March 27, 2015 Pressing Need for Full-Time Athletic Trainers in High Schools A new report by UConn’s Korey Stringer Institute and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association calls for the hiring of athletic trainers in every high school, a need that’s as yet unfulfilled.
- Smaller Plates, Smaller Portions? Not Always March 23, 2015
- UConn Medical and Dental Students Make Their Match March 20, 2015
- Better Blood Pressure Management May Help Slow the Aging Process March 20, 2015
- Lighting Adjustments Necessary for Better Health, Researchers Say March 18, 2015