UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Doctors Must Examine Own Weight Bias Before Treating Patients, Researcher Says
Part of a semester-long series exploring obesity research by UConn faculty.
- October 20, 2014 UConn Doubling Capacity to Cultivate Business Startups The University’s Technology Incubation Program enables business ventures to develop their commercial ideas in high-tech facilities.
- October 16, 2014 UConn Health Takes Steps to Respond to Potential Ebola Cases UConn Health has a well-coordinated plan for both inpatient and outpatient areas that addresses the detection and treatment of potential Ebola cases.
- October 16, 2014 Herbst Hails UConn’s Progress in State of the University Address But she warns that the gains can quickly be reversed, without sustained commitment.
- October 15, 2014 Flu Shots: One Size Does Not Fit All The vaccine’s effectiveness depends on who takes which kind, and when, as immunology professor Laura Haynes explains.
- October 8, 2014 ‘Advergames’ a New Front in Fight Against Childhood Obesity Part of a semester-long series exploring obesity research by UConn faculty.
- October 7, 2014 UConn Researcher Receives NIH Pioneer Award Dr. Cato T. Laurencin has won a National Institutes of Health award for his ‘exceptionally creative’ work in regenerative engineering.
- JAX Genomic Medicine Opens at UConn Health October 7, 2014
- UConn Researchers Develop Personalized Ovarian Cancer Vaccines October 6, 2014
- Could an Ebola Epidemic Happen Here? October 1, 2014
- Healthy Relationships Help Foster Healthy Eating Habits October 1, 2014