UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
New Stem Cell Research Collaboration Focuses on Rare Diseases
The University has announced a new stem cell research collaboration in the field of rare disease with Connecticut firm Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- December 16, 2014 Personalized Medicine Company to be Located at UConn Health A new company formed by two Jackson Laboratory researchers is joining UConn’s Technology Incubation Program at Farmington.
- December 16, 2014 Popular Cosmetic Fix May Threaten Bone Density A UConn oral radiologist says the off-label use of Botox to treat jaw pain appears to have a dangerous side effect.
- December 10, 2014 Tipping the Scales on Obesity UConn and Rudd Center researchers are conducting a variety of cutting-edge studies that address the nationwide problem of obesity.
- December 9, 2014 Breaking Down Barriers to Healthcare for the Incarcerated UConn is taking the lead in treatment of incarcerated patients with its Center for Correctional Health Networks.
- December 5, 2014 Gaming Safer Sex While the players of many video games win by surviving a set of challenges, the success of one new video game is behavior change off screen.
- December 4, 2014 Decking the Halls Celebrate the year’s successes as part of the UConn family this Husky holiday season.
- Stuck in Survival Mode: Insights into Turning Down Your Stress Level December 1, 2014
- Child Advocate Report on Sandy Hook Shooting Finds Missed Opportunities November 21, 2014
- Countdown Begins to Opening of Outpatient Pavilion November 19, 2014
- Pioneering Paths to Healing November 18, 2014