UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Students Throw Away Less Food With New Healthier School Lunches
A UConn study shows that USDA’s revised school meal standards helped students eat healthier and waste less.
- February 27, 2015 Philanthropists to Receive Carole and Ray Neag Medal of Honor UConn Health to salute Neag Medal honorees at White Coat Gala
- February 26, 2015 New Peanut Allergy Test Goes Beyond Scratching the Surface UConn chemists have developed a new test for peanut allergies that is capable of determining the potential intensity of a patient’s allergic reaction through just a few drops of blood.
- February 23, 2015 The Impact of Social Media on Body Image A UConn psychologist on the “selfie” culture, and how to approach a friend or family member who may be suffering from an eating disorder.
- February 19, 2015 Avoiding Winter’s Hazards Advice from the experts on successfully navigating the cold, snowy challenges of the winter of ’15
- February 18, 2015 Never Too Early to Consider End-of-life Wishes UConn Health’s Dr. Susan Levine explains the importance of discussing advance care planning with your family and physician.
- February 10, 2015 Measles and the Risks of Skipping Vaccines Infectious diseases specialists at UConn Health say failure to keep current on recommended immunizations defies decades of medical knowledge.
- UConn Urologist Picked to Lead New Bladder Cancer Institute February 6, 2015
- Getting Ahead of Antibiotic-resistant Bacteria February 5, 2015
- Hospital’s High-tech Wall Opens Doors to Imagination January 27, 2015
- UConn Alums Shine Among State’s Rising Stars January 22, 2015