UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Outstanding Women in Medicine, Science, Feted at UConn Health
Five female faculty and students were honored for their accomplishments in research and service.
- May 1, 2015 Medicine in the Himalayas Before – and After – the Quake A UConn medical student who spent last summer providing health care in Nepal discusses how the challenges have been magnified since the disaster.
- April 29, 2015 Scrutinizing Adult Stem Cells at StemConn Adult stem cells may be the key to targeted regeneration of body tissues, according to researchers at the StemConn 2015 conference on Monday.
- April 16, 2015 Ultra-High-Speed Broadband Bolsters UConn Research The new network will facilitate data-intensive scientific research between UConn Health and Storrs researchers and their peers around the globe.
- April 15, 2015 #StandWithUConn: Lawmakers Urged to Support University Budget At an event at the State Capitol last week, speakers made the case for UConn’s budget.
- April 6, 2015 Promise of Personalized Medicine in Dentistry Embraces Team Approach The dean of the School of Dental Medicine discusses anticipated changes in dentistry as health care evolves toward a more personalized model.
- April 2, 2015 From There to Hear: Locating Sound Distance Researchers at UConn Health have identified the mechanisms by which rabbits and humans recognize the distance of sound from its origin to the listener.
- Autism Recovery – Questioning the Impossible April 2, 2015
- Smartphone App Could Change How Depression is Diagnosed March 30, 2015
- Pressing Need for Full-Time Athletic Trainers in High Schools March 27, 2015
- Smaller Plates, Smaller Portions? Not Always March 23, 2015