UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Smartphone App Could Change How Depression is Diagnosed
The app, developed by UConn researchers, collects data on behavior signs that indicate depression.
- March 27, 2015 Pressing Need for Full-Time Athletic Trainers in High Schools A new report by UConn’s Korey Stringer Institute and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association calls for the hiring of athletic trainers in every high school, a need that’s as yet unfulfilled.
- March 23, 2015 Smaller Plates, Smaller Portions? Not Always UConn Health psychiatry researchers say visual cues are not universally effective in helping curb childhood obesity.
- March 20, 2015 UConn Medical and Dental Students Make Their Match Almost all of UConn’s soon-to-be doctors and dentists matched to a residency program for the next phase of their careers, and many secured their top choice.
- March 20, 2015 Better Blood Pressure Management May Help Slow the Aging Process Therapy based on 24-hour blood pressure monitoring in the elderly could help slow the decline in cognitive function and mobility, according to UConn Health researchers.
- March 18, 2015 Lighting Adjustments Necessary for Better Health, Researchers Say New lighting technology can better accommodate the body’s circadian rhythm and avoid the detrimental effects of typical lighting, according to a paper co-authored by a UConn Health cancer epidemiologist.
- March 12, 2015 Diabetes Drug Shown Not to Increase Heart Failure Risk The study, published in The Lancet, is based on data from a global clinical trial led by a UConn Health physician-researcher.
- Parents Misled by Marketing of ‘Healthy’ Drinks, Study Says March 11, 2015
- UConn Takes Delivery of Advanced Brain Scanner March 11, 2015
- Researchers Tap Stem Cells to Heal Rotator Cuff Injuries March 10, 2015
- Students Throw Away Less Food With New Healthier School Lunches March 4, 2015