UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
- January 22, 2015 UConn Alums Shine Among State’s Rising Stars Nine young UConn alumni feature in Connecticut Magazine’s 2015 ’40 Under 40,’ which honors the state’s ‘best and brightest among Generation Next.’
- January 22, 2015 Have Faith in the Flu Shot The chair of medicine at UConn Health explains why taking the vaccine, despite its limited effectiveness this year, is still better than going without it.
- January 21, 2015 Vitamin D as Colon Cancer Foe The director of UConn Health’s Colon Cancer Prevention Program explains medicine’s growing understanding of how higher vitamin D levels may slow colon cancer.
- January 12, 2015 Study Reveals Lack of Data on Opioid Drugs UConn Health physician David Steffens was part of a seven-member NIH panel on opioid drug use and abuse that released its report Monday.
- January 7, 2015 Learning About Integrative Medicine A medical student in the Class of 2015 describes her year away from medical school and how it enriched her education in integrative health.
- January 5, 2015 From Resolution to Ritual: Why People Start and Stick With Yoga A new study notes that while many begin yoga for the health benefits, those who continue often say spirituality is the reason.
- Changing the Landscape: Growth and Development December 24, 2014
- New Stem Cell Research Collaboration Focuses on Rare Diseases December 19, 2014
- Personalized Medicine Company to be Located at UConn Health December 16, 2014
- Popular Cosmetic Fix May Threaten Bone Density December 16, 2014