UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Smaller Plates, Smaller Portions? Not Always
UConn Health psychiatry researchers say visual cues are not universally effective in helping curb childhood obesity.
- March 20, 2015 UConn Medical and Dental Students Make Their Match Almost all of UConn’s soon-to-be doctors and dentists matched to a residency program for the next phase of their careers, and many secured their top choice.
- March 20, 2015 Better Blood Pressure Management May Help Slow the Aging Process Therapy based on 24-hour blood pressure monitoring in the elderly could help slow the decline in cognitive function and mobility, according to UConn Health researchers.
- March 18, 2015 Lighting Adjustments Necessary for Better Health, Researchers Say New lighting technology can better accommodate the body’s circadian rhythm and avoid the detrimental effects of typical lighting, according to a paper co-authored by a UConn Health cancer epidemiologist.
- March 12, 2015 Diabetes Drug Shown Not to Increase Heart Failure Risk The study, published in The Lancet, is based on data from a global clinical trial led by a UConn Health physician-researcher.
- March 11, 2015 Parents Misled by Marketing of ‘Healthy’ Drinks, Study Says Nutritional claims on packaging, such as the use of terms such as ‘real,’ ‘natural,’ ‘containing vitamin C,’ ‘antioxidants,’ and ‘low in calories,’ are important factors in parents’ purchasing decisions.
- March 11, 2015 UConn Takes Delivery of Advanced Brain Scanner The MRI machine, centerpiece of UConn’s new Brain Imaging Research Center, is part of the University’s ongoing rise to prominence in cognitive and brain sciences.
- Researchers Tap Stem Cells to Heal Rotator Cuff Injuries March 10, 2015
- Students Throw Away Less Food With New Healthier School Lunches March 4, 2015
- Philanthropists to Receive Carole and Ray Neag Medal of Honor February 27, 2015
- New Peanut Allergy Test Goes Beyond Scratching the Surface February 26, 2015