Science & Health
BioBlitz: A Race Against Time
During a 24-hour survey of biodiversity on and around the Storrs campus, UConn scientists and the public tallied nearly 1,200 species.
- July 27, 2015 Delirium Shows its Signature Researchers have developed a new blood test that can detect and help prevent delirium in the elderly.
- July 27, 2015 BioBlitz: Exploring Biodiversity Close to Home Children and adults joined scientists in observing and cataloging nature during UConn’s BioBlitz July 24-25.
- July 10, 2015 ‘Talk to Your Mother’ Proves to be Healthy Advice UConn researchers find that people derive greater health benefits from discussing difficult issues with mom than they do talking with dad.
- July 6, 2015 Child Bullies Most Often Pick on Others for ‘Being Fat’ In a four-nation study led by a UConn researcher, ‘being fat’ was perceived in each country to be the most common reason children are bullied.
- June 30, 2015 Quiet that Ringing in the Brain A UConn researcher investigating potassium channels has tested a promising new drug for treating epilepsy and tinnitus.
- June 29, 2015 In A Word: Transgender Transition Through Speech Transgender clients at the UConn Speech and Hearing Clinic receive guidance on vocal changes that support their transition.