In Hot Topics posts, UConn experts comment on current events and issues unfolding in the news.
- August 7, 2015 A Pharmacist Explains Why Drugs Cost So Much UConn’s Lisa Holle explains how prescription drug prices are set and discusses some of the efforts to rein them in.
- August 4, 2015 Clean Power Plan a Major Step Toward Lower Carbon Future UConn Law professor Joseph MacDougald discusses the proposal announced this week by President Obama to combat climate change.
- July 13, 2015 Back from the Brink? The Greek Debt Crisis and the Eurozone As Greek and European leaders agree to negotiate, a UConn economist discusses how the Greek economy got to this point and what an exit from the eurozone could mean.
- June 23, 2015 MERS: Should We Be Worried? A UConn pathobiologist discusses how Middle East Respiratory Syndrome is transmitted and whether it could spread in the U.S.
- June 17, 2015 Affordable Care Act in the Balance UConn Law professor John Cogan discusses the Supreme Court case challenging the Act, saying that it had the potential to cause chaos in many states’ health insurance markets.
- June 16, 2015 The Colt Bankruptcy – Demise of a Connecticut Icon Last week, the historic gun manufacturer filed for Chapter 11. A UConn economist and historian discuss what that means for the state.
- May 28, 2015 Strong Dollar Pays Off for Summer Travel A UConn Stamford expert on currency fluctuations explains why now is a good time for Americans to travel overseas.
- May 22, 2015 Redistricting Case Could Disrupt State Election Laws A lawsuit now before the Supreme Court has the potential to disrupt election laws across the country, says a UConn Law professor.
- May 6, 2015 The Trans-Pacific Partnership – Why It Matters A UConn economist discusses the implications of the proposed free trade agreement among 12 Pacific countries.
- May 1, 2015 Medicine in the Himalayas Before – and After – the Quake A UConn medical student who spent last summer providing health care in Nepal discusses how the challenges have been magnified since the disaster.
- April 17, 2015 Patchwork of Privacy Laws Surround Office Email Sachin Pandya of UConn Law discusses workplace privacy and the rights of employers and employees.