UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Institute for Brain and Cognitive Science Opens at UConn
Director Gerry Altmann discusses how the new research center will ‘join the dots’ across neuroscience, behavioral research, and cognitive science.
- September 25, 2015 Therapy Can Prevent Anxiety in Children, Study Says A UConn Health researcher found a significant decrease in the number of children who developed anxiety after receiving intervention.
- September 22, 2015 Confronting Issues of Race in the Medical Community Dr. Cato Laurencin reflects on issues raised by the use of HeLa cells for medical research.
- September 22, 2015 Suicide Prevention: Show That You Care Social work dean Nina Heller, a specialist in suicide prevention, discusses how to help someone who is considering suicide.
- September 11, 2015 UConn Health Earns Gold Award for Heart Attack Care UConn Health is a 2015 Gold Award-winner in a nationwide initiative led by the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association.
- September 11, 2015 Empty Promises: Kids’ Exposure to TV Ads for Candy While candy makers are following the letter of the law in their pledges not to advertise to children, a new study highlights substantial loopholes.
- September 10, 2015 UConn, UConn Health Join Yale on Drug Research Initiative The $10 million initiative will speed the commercialization of drug discovery research.
- Construction Begins on New Engineering and Science Building September 9, 2015
- School of Medicine to Launch New Curriculum in 2016 September 9, 2015
- Hand in Glove: UConn Surgeon Brings Healing Hands to Boxing September 8, 2015
- UConn Health Faculty on 2015 Best Doctors List September 4, 2015