UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The UConn Health Today News section is the online source of news and information about UConn Health, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Delirium Shows its Signature
Researchers have developed a new blood test that can detect and help prevent delirium in the elderly.
- July 10, 2015 ‘Talk to Your Mother’ Proves to be Healthy Advice UConn researchers find that people derive greater health benefits from discussing difficult issues with mom than they do talking with dad.
- July 6, 2015 Child Bullies Most Often Pick on Others for ‘Being Fat’ In a four-nation study led by a UConn researcher, ‘being fat’ was perceived in each country to be the most common reason children are bullied.
- July 6, 2015 Associate VP Ann Marie Capo Promoted to Vice President An administrator who began her UConn Health career as a NICU nurse has been named Vice President for Quality and Patient Services and Chief Nursing Officer.
- July 1, 2015 U.S. Sen. Blumenthal Visits UConn Health U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal met with UConn Health officials Tuesday to discuss the important role data registries will play in the future of health care.
- June 29, 2015 In A Word: Transgender Transition Through Speech Transgender clients at the UConn Speech and Hearing Clinic receive guidance on vocal changes that support their transition.
- June 26, 2015 Quiet that Ringing in the Brain A UConn researcher investigating potassium channels has tested a promising new drug for treating epilepsy and tinnitus.
- Next Year’s Budget Prioritizes Academic Mission June 24, 2015
- MERS: Should We Be Worried? June 23, 2015
- Dr. Kamran Safavi Receives Board of Directors Award June 19, 2015
- Rinse and Repeat to Remove Anxiety June 18, 2015