In an effort to build its ranks, the Alumni Association will reach out to more than 215,000 UConn alums worldwide through a membership drive beginning April 1.
Inspired by the popularity of UConn mascot Jonathan the Husky, the ‘Join the Pack’ drive will run through May 31, with membership open to all UConn alumni and friends of the University.
“With the increasing success of Connecticut’s flagship university, now is the time to put a spotlight on our Alumni Association and showcase the benefits it offers to members and the University,” says Bob Kaufman, BUS ’74, president of Bob’s Discount Furniture.
“My UConn experience is directly responsible for giving me the tools and personal contacts that enabled me to establish and grow my business beyond my wildest dreams,” Kaufman says. “Personally, it was important for me to join the Alumni Association and give back to my school.”
Joining the UCAA offers many benefits to members:
- Connects old and new friends through exclusive alumni communications, a members-only newsletter, and invitations to special events;
- Provides powerful networking opportunities with more than 215,000 alumni thorough the Husky Alumni Network online community;
- Expands career options with exclusive careers seminars, advice, and job and résumé postings;
- Saves members money with discounts on travel, entertainment, insurance, and UConn merchandise;
- Gives members the inside track on university and alumni news and opportunities;
- Provides discounted rates on alumni events, from outstanding speakers to pre-game parties and networking activities;
- Provides the opportunity to help UConn remain New England’s top-ranked public university.
A strong Alumni Association strengthens the University by:
- Providing a strong voice in the state legislature through UConn Advocates to support academic excellence;
- Awarding more than $100,000 in scholarships to UConn student s annually;
- Broadening outreach efforts for alumni with special events run by more than 40 chapters nationwide;
- Facilitating life-changing mentoring relationships between alumni and current students;
- Helping fellow Huskies network and search for jobs using the Association’s career resources tools;
- Providing local and national programs that bring alumni together and promote pride and spirit for UConn.
“A strong Alumni Association is great for UConn, great for Connecticut, and great for all members,” says Kaufman. “UConn is a great school and its list of accomplishments keeps growing – from becoming New England’s top-ranked public university to the successes of our sports teams.”
To join, go to JointhepackatUConn.com or call 1-888-822-5861. Those that join before May 31 will receive a $5 gift certificate for Husky merchandise.