Nine University of Connecticut faculty were announced as inductees into the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering (CASE) for 2021, including UConn Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Carl Lejuez.
CASE, which was chartered by the Connecticut General Assembly in 1976, provides expert guidance to the state of Connecticut and promotes the application of science and technology towards issues of economic well-being and human welfare.
This year, CASE elected 32 new fellows, drawn from both industry and academia. Election to the Academy is based on the applicant’s scientific and engineering distinction, achieved through significant contributions in the form of publications, patents, outstanding leadership, and other factors.
This year, the inductees from UConn are:
- Margaret Briggs-Gowan, Associate Professor, Interim Chief, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UConn School of Medicine
- Maria Chrysochoou, Professor and Department Head, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UConn School of Engineering
- Dipak Dey, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor, UConn Department of Statistics, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Pamela K. Diggle, Professor and Department Head, UConn Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Cynthia S. Jones, Professor, UConn Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Carl W. Lejuez, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Tianfeng Lu, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, UConn School of Engineering
- Jeffrey R. McCutcheon, Professor and Executive Director, Fraunhofer USA Center for Energy Innovation; Al Geib Professor of Environmental Engineering Research and Education, UConn School of Engineering
- Anthony T. Vella, Professor and Chair, Department of Immunology, UConn School of Medicine
New inductees are scheduled to be honored at the Academy’s 46th Annual Meeting that will be held virtually on May 27, 2021.
For more information on CASE, please click here.