Possible Breakthrough in Battle Against Drug-Resistant Diseases
Two UConn researchers have developed new compounds that appear to be effective against E. coli, MRSA, and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- July 25, 2014 Portraits of Strength: Alfredo Fuentes ’08 MPS Veteran firefighter Alfredo Fuentes was among the first responders on 9/11. Forced by his injuries to give up his job, he came to UConn to study homeland security.
- July 24, 2014 UConn Reads Nominations Wide-ranging This Year Books nominated so far range from the Bible to ‘Walden’ and ‘The Omnivore’s Dilemma.’
- July 23, 2014 #MyTopCollege – A Chance to Show Your UConn Pride UConn students and alumni can show their school pride by taking part in a social media campaign that is part of Forbes Magazine’s annual college ranking.
- July 22, 2014 Hate Speech and Human Rights Human rights researcher Richard Wilson is writing a book about how international law deals with speech that incites violence.
- July 21, 2014 Studying Wetlands as a Producer of Greenhouse Gases Student researcher Emily McInerney ’15 (CAHNR) is studying the emission of methane from wetlands.
- July 18, 2014 Helping African Students Become Agents of Social Change Forty student leaders from North and Sub-Saharan Africa learned social entrepreneurship strategies at UConn this summer.
- Emeritus Professor of Engineering Marty Fox Dies July 16, 2014
- UConn Incubator Company Receives $5.5 Million for Research July 16, 2014
- How to Make Gluten-free Java Lava Cake July 16, 2014
- From Forgotten Graves to Foreign Dictators (and Vampires, Too) July 15, 2014
- The Pros and Cons of Going Gluten-Free July 15, 2014