Hate Speech and Human Rights
Human rights researcher Richard Wilson is writing a book about how international law deals with speech that incites violence.
- July 21, 2014 Studying Wetlands as a Producer of Greenhouse Gases Student researcher Emily McInerney ’15 (CAHNR) is studying the emission of methane from wetlands.
- July 18, 2014 Helping African Students Become Agents of Social Change Forty student leaders from North and Sub-Saharan Africa learned social entrepreneurship strategies at UConn this summer.
- July 18, 2014 Portraits of Strength: Dominique (Soucy) Matteson ’03 (CLAS) UConn alum Dominique Matteson was diagnosed with leukemia in her early 20s. At her lowest point, 50 percent of her cells were showing cancer.
- July 17, 2014 Former Scholarship Recipient Pays it Forward An alum who benefited from a scholarship after his father died hopes to help reduce uncertainty in the lives of current students.
- July 16, 2014 Emeritus Professor of Engineering Marty Fox Dies Fox taught for 37 years in the Departments of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering.
- July 16, 2014 UConn Incubator Company Receives $5.5 Million for Research Amastan LLC is developing high-end plasma technologies for the production and processing of nanomaterials.
- How to Make Gluten-free Java Lava Cake July 16, 2014
- From Forgotten Graves to Foreign Dictators (and Vampires, Too) July 15, 2014
- The Pros and Cons of Going Gluten-Free July 15, 2014
- Physiology and Neurobiology Professor William Chapple Dies July 14, 2014
- Leonid Azaroff, Materials Science Institute Founding Director, Dies July 11, 2014