Health Center News www.uchc.edu
The Health Center News section is the online source of news and information about the University of Connecticut Health Center, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Record-Setting Response Time Saves Heart Attack Patient
Leslie Roane of Bristol arrived at the UConn Health Center in cardiac arrest – 10 minutes later his blocked artery was clear and the incredible pain was gone.
- December 3, 2013 Health Scholars Contribute $250,000 in Volunteer Hours to Medically Underserved Urban Service Track volunteers have contributed nearly 9,000 hours of health care service to the state’s urban poor.
- November 27, 2013 Patient Shares Gift of Music on Hospital Floor Injured out of state, he insisted on getting his care at the UConn Health Center. Then he insisted on coming back to serenade patients.
- November 27, 2013 Shoes, Foot Exams for Thanksgiving For a seventh year, UConn Health Center providers offered foot exams and distributed donated footwear at homeless shelters in New Britain.
- November 26, 2013 Emergency Medicine Is Just the Start Dr. Richard Kamin’s contributions to medicine, public safety, and the community go far beyond the UConn Health Center’s Emergency Department.
- November 26, 2013 Dr. Cato Laurencin Named to Prestigious Scientific Fellowship Laurencin will be inducted as a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science Feb. 15 in Chicago.
- November 22, 2013 UConn Health Center December Programs, Events Here’s what’s happening in December 2013 and early January 2014.
- Chief of Surgery Expands Department November 22, 2013
- Health Center Accolades – November 2013 November 22, 2013
- New Imaging Tool Bypasses Blade to Check for Skin Cancer November 19, 2013
- Panel on Memory Disorders Calls on UConn Health Center November 19, 2013