UConn Health Today www.uchc.edu
The Health Center News section is the online source of news and information about the University of Connecticut Health Center, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Possible Breakthrough in Battle Against Drug-Resistant Diseases
Two UConn researchers have developed new compounds that appear to be effective against E. coli, MRSA, and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- July 15, 2014 The Pros and Cons of Going Gluten-Free UConn Health gastroenterologist Dr. Haleh Vaziri discusses the benefits and potential downsides of a gluten-free diet.
- July 15, 2014 UConn Health Accolades – July ’14 A roundup of the latest awards and accomplishments for UConn Health employees.
- July 8, 2014 Dee Rowe Benefits from Personalized Cancer Treatment at UConn Health Former head coach of men’s basketball Dee Rowe made an excellent recovery from melanoma after receiving a vaccine developed at UConn Health.
- July 7, 2014 New Traffic Patterns at UConn Health The changes are designed to enhance traffic flow and safety as the campus prepares for increased traffic volume associated with the Biosience Connecticut expansion.
- July 3, 2014 High Marks for Cardiac Care at UConn Health The Calhoun Cardiology Center at UConn Health has won national recognition for its heart attack and heart failure programs.
- July 1, 2014 The Heat Is On: Staying Safe in Summer Rebecca Stearns of UConn’s Korey Stringer Institute discusses ways to stay cool in the summer heat.
- A Celebration of UConn Health in Storrs Center June 27, 2014
- UConn Health July Programs, Events June 25, 2014
- UConn Trustees Approve FY ’15 Budget June 25, 2014
- State Mental Health Services for Young Adults ‘Inadequate’: Report June 18, 2014