Health Center News www.uchc.edu
The Health Center News section is the online source of news and information about the University of Connecticut Health Center, including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
UConn Researchers at Forefront of Genome Editing
The pioneering technology may lead to new treatments and cures for devastating conditions such as cancer and autism.
- May 24, 2013 Eight UConn Professors Inducted into Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering Eight UConn faculty were inducted as new members, and distinguished professor-in-residence Anthony DeMaria received the Distinguished Service Award.
- May 23, 2013 Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride Marks 7th Year The event to support UConn’s Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center will be held June 8 in Simsbury.
- May 21, 2013 EVP Torti: Health Center ‘Ours to Shape, Fix, Celebrate’ Dr. Frank Torti encourages continued collaboration in his third town hall meeting as executive vice president for health affairs and medical school dean.
- May 20, 2013 Bike-to-Work Season Resumes Eighteen people chose riding over driving in the spirit of Bike to Work Day at the UConn Health Center.
- May 17, 2013 Healing the Huskies: Robert Arciero, M.D. Named one of the country’s top sports medicine specialists, Arciero has been treating UConn athletes and Connecticut’s weekend warriors for more than a dozen years.
- May 17, 2013 Health Center in the News – May 2013 Health Center experts are interviewed about preventive mastectomies; lower alcohol levels for drunk driving; new diabetes research and more.
- Tips for a Pain-Free Spring May 17, 2013
- HCOP Holds Recognition and Academic Year Closing Ceremony May 17, 2013
- National Patient Safety Foundation Honors UConn Medical Student May 16, 2013
- Health Center Marks Its 42nd Commencement May 14, 2013