UConn Today is produced by the Office of University Communications at the Storrs campus, the hub for news and information about research, initiatives, and activities at the University of Connecticut, and by the Office of Communications at the UConn Health Center.
If you have questions about our site, please contact the editor, Elizabeth Omara-Otunnu, at 860-486-3530 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about academic topics or assistance in finding a UConn faculty member who can provide expert commentary on issues in the news, call the Office of University Communications at 860-486-3530 or consult the list of University News & Information staff on this page.
For information about the UConn Health Center (including the John Dempsey Hospital and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine), contact the Health Center’s Office of Communications at 860-679-3914.
University News & Information Beat List
David Bauman • (860) 486-5627
- Stem Cell Research
- Connecticut BioScience Initiative
- Jackson Laboratory and interaction with UConn
- Technology Transfer and commercialization
- Economics, including “The Connecticut Economic Quarterly” and “The Connecticut Economic Outlook.”
- Liaison to UConn Farmington campus
Kenneth Best • (860) 486-2377
- UCONN Magazine
- UConn Athletics
- Dodd Center
- Fine Arts, music
- The Humanities, including Judaic studies, Classic and Mediterranean studies, logic
- Modern and Classical Languages
Tom Breen • (860) 486-0890
- Neag School of Education
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Demographics / Geography
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Technology transfer, including commercialization of discoveries, inventions and technologies emerging from UConn research
- Tech Park
- Biotechnology, including Biochemistry, Bioinformatics & Biocomputing Institute
- Physiology & Neurobiology
- Health Care, including research and management issues
- Liaison to Avery Point campus, including on coastal studies, marine sciences
Sheila Foran • (860) 486-5385
- Agriculture, including Extension services
- Animal Science
- Plant Science, including Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Natural Resources and Environment, including climate studies
- Environmental Science, including politics and policy, conservation biology, ecology
- Resource Economics
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Liaison to Torrington and Avery Point campuses
- Maritime issues, including biology, chemistry, economics, history and literature of Long Island Sound.
Colin Poitras • (860) 486-4656
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Institute of Material Science
- Kinesiology/Korey Stringer Institute
- School of Social Work
- Liaison to Greater Hartford campus in West Hartford
Stephanie Reitz • (860) 486-0871
- Institutional communications, including on behalf of Board of Trustees, Office of the President
- School of Business, including entrepreneurship, start-ups, incubators and technology transfer
- Linguistics, including acquisition and speech disorders
- Liaison to Waterbury and Stamford campuses
- Liaison to Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation in East Hartford; and Graduate Business Learning Center in Hartford.
UConn Athletic Communications
For UConn Athletic Communications, contact Mike Enright at 860-486-2144.
Health Center News