Protecting the World of Ideas: The legal wrangling over who came up with the idea for Facebook is just one legal issue arising today in the burgeoning field of intellectual property law.
The Anthropology of Feasting: Humans gathering together for a sumptuous feast can be traced to the Middle East, according to a UConn anthropologist who has discovered evidence of feasting dating back 10,000 years.
Teaching in Wartime: Careers for two family members intended for law and politics moved toward a pursuit of teaching in an unlikely place—during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Challenges in Social Work Today: UCONN Magazine brought together six prominent alumni from the School of Social Work for a roundtable discussion on the challenges and current issues in their field, amid a changing landscape of human needs.
- Academic Coach on the Bench
- Katz Takes on DCF Leadership
- Onofrio: Instinctive Communicator for Clients
- A Conversion that Defied the Times
- A “Farmer Without a Farm” Gives Back
- A Tournament Trophy More Quietly Celebrated
- Bioscience Connecticut Update
- Expanding the Pharmacist’s Role in Health Care
- Having Read Her Way to a New Career
- In WiMSE, Van Dugteren Experiences Everything
- Mills Marches Band to Success
- New Digital Media Center Launched
- Photographer’s ‘Brief Encounters with The Dead’ on Display
- Sooklall Engineers a Move from Waterbury to Storrs
- Student Committee Encourages Others to Give Back
- The View Behind the Catcher’s Mask
- White Coat Gala Honors
Class News and Notes