- Over 43,000 students applied to UConn last year and more than 47,000 have applied for this fall.
- 69% percent of our graduates are employed in Connecticut six months after graduation.
- Major employers like Aetna, Ernst & Young, Electric Boat, Pratt & Whitney, PWC, and KPMG clamor for our graduates.
- The 71 companies in our technology incubator raised $183 million in FY22; since 2003, UConn supported startup companies have raised $1.14 billion and 70% of companies that graduated from our incubator program have stayed in Connecticut.
- UConn filed 91 invention disclosures and 25 patents were issued in 2022.
- UConn awarded nearly 8,500 degrees last year, graduating 974 engineers, 365 nurses, 101 doctors, 49 dentists, and 151 pharmacists.
- More than 50% of all engineers in CT are UConn graduates, 60% of the dentists and 35% of the physicians were educated or have ties to UConn Health
- UConn attracted almost $317 million in federal funding, which created 1,191 jobs in 2022. For every research dollar UConn receives, it generates $1.01 in economic output elsewhere in the state economy.
- 800 UConn medical and dental residents annually provide critical healthcare resources to Greater Hartford area hospitals and community facilities throughout the state; and bring in >$145 million per year in federal funds annually to hospitals throughout Central Connecticut, used to provide medical resident jobs.
- UConn Health is the safety net provider of medical services for patients on Medicaid; most importantly, providing open access to specialty services, cardiac care, orthopedic surgery and more and is the single largest provider of dental services to Medicaid recipients and the under- and uninsured in the state.
- UConn physicians, dentists, residents, clinicians, and students provide thousands of hours of free health care to Connecticut’s most medically vulnerable citizens, e.g., Migrant Farm Worker Clinics (throughout the state), South Park Inn Medical Clinic (Hartford), Head Start Dental Screening Program, Covenant Soup Kitchen Clinic (Willimantic), Homeless Hospitality Center Clinic (New London), St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen Clinic (Norwich), CT Mission of Mercy, Special Olympics Healthy Athletes/Special Smiles.
UConn’s ROI: Quick Facts and Statistics
Facts and statistics about UConn's ROI